Friday, April 1, 2011

Medieval Faire, FTW!

Yes, yes, we're more all purpose than just a bunch of gamers.  Medieval Faires are another thing we do here at Dice and Dragons, and we do them the only right way!  Kilts, pirates, and Vikings!

This weekend is the Medieval Faire in Norman, OK.  Right near the OU campus.  It's a great deal of fun, with multiple groups doing live combat demonstrations, staged fighting, fencing, jousting, and even showing some top notch hawk training.  I'm fairly sure that the bird was eyeing my fiancée's Chihuahua for lunch.  I don't blame it, I think the dog would be delicious.  But it was amazingly well behaved, despite being barked at by a number of dogs.

Unlike the Faire in Las Vegas, there's actually places that sell combat ready blades, though they are fairly expensive.  Good looking armour is hard to find, but there's lots of places selling cool clothes.

My current outfit is a kilt, Blackwatch tartan, a light green tunic, and my old combat boots from the military.  The only part I don't like is the boots.  Or rather, I like them, but they don't fit with the rest.  Nowhere near period.

I also have a slight issue with my lady's outfit.  Mine is heavy on the green, her's is heavy on the red.  Together, we look like Christmas ornaments.  But I love her.  So it's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment