Sunday, April 10, 2011

Grey Knights Codex

Well...I'll start by saying that I'm highly disappointed that it wasn't Codex: Daemonhunters.  Or, even better, Codex: Inquisition.  I mean, one codex, inducted stormtroopers as troops, with a commander upgrade that would let you take Sisters or Grey Knights as troops.  It could work easily.  But that's not the point here.

Rules-wise, I don't see anything -too- obscene.  There's some scary stuff here, don't get me wrong.  An army of two wound, Feel No Pain terminators?  Yeah, that's intimidating, regardless of the cost.  Marines that teleport across the field of battle?  Definitely fun times.  But nothing truly game-obliterating.

My problem is that it's just so -silly-.  Yes, Jokero have been around forever.  But did we want super-technologically powered monkeys?  That fire las-cannons, plasma cannons, or mulimeltas?  And where do these weapons come from?  Please don't answer that.  Dreadknight?  Something to go toe-to-toe with a greater daemon!  Except that it's obvious that Grey Knights -can- do that with relative ease.  I mean, there's a special character who seems to smack daemon-primarchs down, and toys with the Chaos Gods themselves just because he can.

Don't even get me started on the massacre of the Sisters of Battle.

Hate me if you want.  I make fun of the grimdark, but I like it.  And space-monkeys that chill with guys who kill battle-nuns for no real reason, especially paired with warmachines that look like they came from The Matrix, just don't do it for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment